Hi,
When we moved to numbers, kindly hosted by rafl, anders made the sane
decision to run as many of our services directly out of debian to get
all the security updates and stuff. This is all very nice and stuff,
but it does however leave us with a pretty raw gitweb without our nice
category patch and a heap of other patches. Theefer have sent a patch
to gitweb, but as things are moving slowly I suggest another way of
getting our order back.

I want to move around the repositories, put them in subdirectories:

Now:
/xmms2/*

Later:
/xmms2/$goodname1/xmms2-devel.git
/xmms2/$goodname1/xmms2-stable.git
/xmms2/$goodname2/xmms2-$user.git
/xmms2/clients/abraca.git
/xmms2/tools/$mytool.git
/xmms2/other/git.xmms.se_slash_merge.git
/xmms2/other/buildbot.git // our buildbot config, need to factor out
passwords though

This would make the gitweb page a whole lot easier to look at, but it
would break pulling before reconfig. A solution to this is to not
move, but create symlinks, or to move, and provide backwards
compatible symlinks.

Any feedback? I also want help with the $goodname1 and $goodname2
directories. It's probably a good idea if they're sortable next to
eachother, preferably with the $goodname1 before $goodname2.

--
Daniel Svensson