I listen to di.fm (nee DigitallyImported.com) a lot.  One of their
more annoying habits is that they change the URLs of their streams from time
to time.  And DI.fm did that again just this week.

        So I tried to update the URL in the media library.  Here's a dump of
the current entry:

----
$ xmms2 info 393
[server] added = 1237720795
[plugin/mad] bitrate = 96000
[server] chain = curl:icymetaint:magic:mad:segment
[plugin/curl] channel = Trance Channel - D I G I T A L L Y - I M P O R T E D -
we can't define it!
[plugin/mad] channels = 2
[plugin/curl] genre = Electronic Trance Techno
[server] laststarted = 1239735852
[plugin/magic] mime = audio/mpeg
[plugin/mad] sample_format = S16
[plugin/mad] samplerate = 44100
[server] status = 3
[server] timesplayed = 66
[plugin/icymetaint] title = Global Trance Grooves (April 2009) - with John 00
Fleming, guest RPO
[server] url = http://scfire-dtc-aa01.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1003
[server] id = 393
----

        So "obviously" I needed to update the URL field:

----
$ xmms2 mlib setstr 393 url
"http://scfire-mtc-aa01.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1003";
$ xmms2 info 393
[server] added = 1237720795
[plugin/mad] bitrate = 96000
[server] chain = curl:icymetaint:magic:mad:segment
[plugin/curl] channel = Trance Channel - D I G I T A L L Y - I M P O R T E D -
we can't define it!
[plugin/mad] channels = 2
[plugin/curl] genre = Electronic Trance Techno
[server] laststarted = 1239735852
[plugin/magic] mime = audio/mpeg
[plugin/mad] sample_format = S16
[plugin/mad] samplerate = 44100
[server] status = 3
[server] timesplayed = 66
[plugin/icymetaint] title = Global Trance Grooves (April 2009) - with John 00
Fleming, guest RPO
[server] url = http://scfire-dtc-aa01.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1003
[client/xmms2-cli] url = http://scfire-mtc-aa01.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1003
[server] id = 393
----

        Oops, that's not what I had in mind.  So then I tried this:

----
$ xmms2 mlib setstr 393 url
"http://scfire-mtc-aa01.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1003"; server
ERROR: Can't write to source server!
----

        Hrm.  So, how do I do this?  Do I have to destroy the mlib entry and
recreate it from scratch?

                                        Schwab