Hi,

I'm currently writing a client for xmms2, which will display some informations,
including visualization stuff (it's called "spectrum", the thing you get with a
FFT), on a LCD screen (via LCDproc). Therefore, I'm working with the
xmms2-ypnos project (from git), which provides a visualization interface in
xmms2.

But I couldn't even get the example client works... (vistest_fft). It connects
just fine to xmms2d, but the
>> xmmsc_visualization_chunk_get (connection, vis, data, 0, 1000)
function returns 0, and it lets the "data" array as empty as it was just before.
I think I did everything fine at building time, but I may have forgot
something...

Here is the log output of xmms2d :
DEBUG: ../src/xmms/ipc.c:591: Client connected
DEBUG: ../src/xmms/main.c:273: Client 'xmms2-vistest' connected
 INFO: ../src/xmms/visualization/object.c:65: Attached visualization client 2
 INFO: ../src/xmms/visualization/unixshm.c:88: Visualization client 2
initialised using Unix SHM

Does someone have an explanation about that? Maybe the visualization thing is
not yet implemented?

Thanks for reading,
Baptiste Jonglez