Hello Folks,

I think it'd be nice to have a pretty name to refer to the GUI client, and since I haven't heard any suggestion so far, I thought I'd start a discussion about it here. I think it'd be nice to have a name that sounds rich, unique, a bit special, to go with the project.

I've been thinking about it now and then, and only recently stumbled upon one name I liked: Calypso.

I like it because it feels fresh and it's also multi-faceted:
- Calypso is the name of a sea nymph in the Greek mythology[1], who imprisoned Ulysses on her island to keep him for herself as her immortal husband, which is quite a sexy thing to do, isn't it? - Calypso is a style of afro-Caribbean music[2], universally fresh and funny (as opposed to entering some rock vs electro vs pop vs.. troll). You probably all know some from the Banana Boat Song (remember Beetlejuice?). - Calypso was the name of the exploration ship[3] of Captain Cousteau, a strong reference for discovery and scientific experiments – and this client is all about new experimental stuff and discovering one's music!

And in itself, I think it's a cool-sounding name, not too hard to spell, and not used for FOSS yet.

So, what do you people think?
If you have comments, or better suggestions, let's hear them!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso_(mythology)
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso_music
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso_(ship)

--