Tilman Sauerbeck [2009-07-28 19:07]:
> Anders Waldenborg [2009-07-27 21:52]:
> > >
> > >Not yet, that one's next.
> >
> > I had some idea that each ipc exported object created a struct like this:
> >
> > typedef struct {
> >      void (*meth_start) (xmms_output_t *, xmms_error_t *);
> >      void (*meth_stop) (xmms_output_t *, xmms_error_t *);
> >      gint32 (*meth_current_id) (xmms_output_t *, gint32, xmms_error_t *);
> >      /* ... */
> >
> >      void (*sig_playtime) (xmms_output_ipc_t *, gint32);
> >
> >      /* ... */
> > } xmms_output_ipc_t;
> >
> > [...]
>
> I like that. I only realized yesterday that currently we don't have type
> safety for signals and broadcasts.
>
> I think for now I'll just generate the function calls that we currently
> use, to get all of the server side code generated. In a second step,

Done. I'd like to see the following commits go into devel:

00158 OTHER: Moved XMMS_IPC_OBJECT_SIGNAL to the front of the enum.
280cf OTHER: Made XMMS_CMD_DEFINE make xmms_object_cmd_desc_t variables
      static.
379de FEATURE(1600): Added IPC object/methods description files.
987ab FEATURE(1600): Added a python script to parse ipc.xml.
260a2 OTHER: Prepare to generate server side IPC glue code.
 (mmh, this needs the FEATURE(1600) tag)

64c7b generate playlist ipc glue
5c1d0 generate config IPC glue
5aed5 generate output IPC glue
e4455 generate medialib IPC glue
0e90a generate mediainfo IPC glue
e9c68 generate collection IPC glue
86651 generate main IPC glue
8edc1 generate bindata IPC glue
bf212 generate xform IPC glue
1baa0 generate visualization IPC glue

I can merge those into one commit if you prefer. Having them separate
makes it easier to find bugs by bisecting in case I broke something
somewhere.

What do you think?

Regards,
Tilman