Anders Waldenborg [2009-11-16 21:48]:
> Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> >Thought about using -Wno-write-strings, too.
> >Can we assume that if -Wwrite-strings is accepted by our compiler that
> >also -Wno-write-strings will be accepted? I'm not so sure.
>
> At least gcc-4.3 manpage says:

I was thinking of alternative compilers that try to be compatible to
gcc.

> Don't know about about earlier versions and don't know about when
> -Wwrite-strings was introduced.?

If we only (mostly?) care about gcc, then it's okay to assume that if
-Wwrite-strings is supported, -Wno-write-strings is also supported, IMO.

FWIW, the uselib thing really worked :)

> >It seems it's a bug in pyrex. E.g. on my system,
> >/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Pyrex/Compilers/Nodes.py contains the
> >definition for __Pyx_AddTraceback which takes a char *funcname,
> >but the generated xmmsapi.c calls it with a string literal.
>
> Excellent. Guess we should get a fix for that into upstream pyrex.

Yes. I'll put it on my list.

Regards,
Tilman