Hi all,

I'm working on an input plugin for XMMS2 to allow playback of AdPlug supported files, and it's pretty much working except for one thing.

AdPlug supports a whole bunch of different files, and for a lot of them it uses the file extension to figure out which format a song is. This means I need to pass it a filename, even though it never tries to open that file.

However I can't see how to retrieve the filename of the file I'm trying to play. I thought getting the URL from the medialib might yield a file:// URL for local files (which would be fine, all AdPlug needs is the extension) but it seems the URL field is blank for local files.

Is there any other way I can get hold of the filename? The only other workaround I can think of is to get the MIME type and create a dummy filename with the appropriate extension.

Thanks,
Adam.