Anders Waldenborg [2010-01-21 21:22]:
> Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> >>   The seek things are good. There was some discussion
> >>   about seek changes (nano!) that I'm not sure that
> >>   they are resolved.
> >
> >They aren't resolved AFAIK. He didn't like
> >60552ed6889b OTHER: Rename xmmsc_playback_seek_{ms,samples} to *_abs
>
> Yes, sort of. I think he means that it should been like this (which
> I at least in theory agree with):
> [better seek fix]
>
> But currently I think it is more important to get a release out than
> to make sure the API isn't broken.

I don't care strongly about breaking the API a little bit, but it would
suck to revert stuff and redo the seek changes again :|

> >> tilman/master:
> >>   searialize/deserialize are fun. Will go in directly after release.
> >>   Pondering about getting build_list + arguments-as-list in before
> >>   release, as the "tagged arguments" got in before list, and that
> >>   would mean we lump the big protocol changes together in same release.
> >>   What do you think?
> >
> >We could do that, but I expect that the next release (DrOrigami) will
> >come with another set of big protocol changes anyway. The next logical
> >step will probably be to use dictionaries instead of lists.
>
> Indeed. I'm fine with either ways (not including it in release or
> including it).

I'll try do the arguments-as-list change without introducing
xmmsv_serialize(). If it's not done by Monday morning, feel free to
release without it.

> (btw I think we should have a xmmsv_build_list_va, so we can make a
> xmmsc_send_cmd (c, XMMS_IPC_OBJECT_FOO, XMMS_IPC_METHOD_BAR,
> XMMSV_LIST_ENTRY_INT(x), XMMSV_LIST_ENTRY_INT(y),
> XMMSV_LIST_ENTRY_INT(z), XMMSV_LIST_END) function wrapping the
> xmms_ipc_msg_new/build_list/put_value/unref/send_msg thing.)

Mmh, yes.

Regards,
Tilman