Ok, I will clone zeeGeek's repo as well and look at the code. I am still new
to the xmms2 code base, so I am not sure if I understood all of it
correctly, but I think the problem was that with the introduction of new
features/improvements in the xmms core API, the service client API in it's
current state is weird to use or perhaps unusable in a sense, right ?

So in such a situation what would be the better thing to do? Rewrite the
whole service client API from scratch or trying to make changes in the
existing code base ? I was thinking that, perhaps first prototyping the API
in a higher level language like Python would be a good idea.