On 2010-03-25 03:55, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
This commit would also include the complete removal of dmx.txt and
scaled.txt as noted in the diffstat, but apparently that makes the patch
too long for the list's filters so I'm omitting that part here.

 hw/dmx/doc/.gitignore |    8 +
 hw/dmx/doc/dmx.txt    | 2989 -------------------------------------------------
 hw/dmx/doc/scaled.txt |  579 ----------
 delete mode 100644 hw/dmx/doc/dmx.txt
 delete mode 100644 hw/dmx/doc/scaled.txt

What I hadn't realized at the time I wrote this patch (which hasn't been pulled yet) is that dmx.txt and scaled.txt are also in EXTRA_DIST. Removing these files from git will require that those running make dist{,check} -- primarily the release managers -- to have linuxdoc installed, otherwise:

make[3]: Entering directory `hw/dmx/doc'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `dmx.txt', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `hw/dmx/doc'
make[2]: *** [distdir] Error 1

Keith, Peter, this will affect you first, objections?

Yaakov
Cygwin/X