Mark,

Mark Kettenis wrote:
From: Tiago Vignatti <tiago.vigna...@nokia.com>
Date: Sun,  2 May 2010 23:07:45 +0300

It's RAC remnant. This was substituted by xf86VGAarbiter{Lock, Unlock}
mechanism.

Is it really necessary to break drivers that might function perfectly
well on systems that don't require VGA arbitration because there is
only one VGA device in the system.

Not necessarily your driver will want to use the VGA arbitration. The patch only cares about the removal of this unused API.

BTW, is the driver that you care open-source? If yes, as I pointed on the cover letter, it's pretty easy to go and provide some kind of fix there. But in the other hand, yes, we can stay with a dummy API (like now) to satisfy other closed or jurassic ones.

You're only saving a few bytes by removing a few functions.

yep, but the hole series targets only organization anyway.

Thanks for reviewing,

     Tiago