Oops, I intended to send this to the list.

On 16.03.2011 14:39, Erkki Seppala wrote:
I integrated all the changes into a new branch client-tracking-v2. This
pull request has only the X-server changes, the other parts have not
changed.

It turns out that the resource ids were already published :), however,
accessing them when said modules weren't in lead into a few ugly
#ifdefs. Not many, though, but perhaps it's worthwhile to consider
having a generic mechanism for doing this that handles dynamically
constructed resource types as well as the absence of such resource types.

The hash table implementation was moved into Xext. Perhaps someone else
will find it useful as-is as well, spawning multiple little copies of it
around the tree, and finally ends up back in dix ;-).

Btw, I did a search on liberally licensed data structures for C, and the
best I could find was:

http://code.google.com/p/c-generic-library/

Unfortunately it doesn't seemed to have been pulled into its conclusion,
but perhaps it can be useful to someone even as it is.

The following changes since commit
642569591a73806d038f00f2f9a5c8738f764c0b:
Gaetan Nadon (1):
dmx/doc: remove dead code in the makefile

are available in the git repository at:

git://gitorious.org/erkkise/fdo-xserver.git client-tracking-v2

Erkki Seppälä (6):
Implemented first part of XResource extension v1.2:
X_XResQueryClientIds
dix: add a mechanism for iterating through all subresources
dix: add hashing functions to resource.h for others to use.
Xext: add a generic hashtable implementation
dix: add reference count of the resource to ResourceSizeRec
Xext: add support for X_XResQueryResourceBytes

Rami Ylimäki (2):
render: Report pixmap usage of pictures to resource extension.
composite: Report pixmap usage of client windows to resource
extension.

Xext/Makefile.am | 2 +-
Xext/hashtable.c | 240 +++++++++++++
Xext/hashtable.h | 113 ++++++
Xext/xres.c | 830
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
composite/compext.c | 24 ++
dix/resource.c | 375 +++++++++++++++++++-
include/protocol-versions.h | 2 +-
include/resource.h | 59 +++
render/picture.c | 24 ++
test/Makefile.am | 3 +-