On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 01:46 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Hi Gaetan,
>
> Gaetan Nadon <mems...@videotron.ca> (09/06/2011):
> > I have submitted a patch for xorg-sgml-doctools so that this situation
> > no longer occurs. I also need to release a patch for the 21 modules
> > with DocBook. In any case, don't let that hold the release of the
> > package.  There is no impact to the end user, he won't be able to
> > install the package anyway if he does not have write permission.
>
> I just had a quick look, and make distcheck is indeed happy now, thanks!
> [I still have to deploy cross-references in all Debian packages though,
> but that's another story. ;-)]

Great. I have pushed all the patches now. Read carefully the README in
xorg-sgml-docs.
This stuff is not easy.

This is a list of subdirecties containg DocBook XML docs. It mat be
useful for prototyping.
You cd in there and run "make uninstall clean install" for a good test.

        # DocBook/XML
        doclib="                                \
                libICE/specs                    \
                libICE/doc                      \
                libSM/doc                       \
                libX11/specs/libX11             \
                libX11/specs/i18n/framework     \
                libX11/specs/i18n/localedb      \
                libX11/specs/i18n/trans         \
                libX11/specs/XIM                \
                libX11/specs/XKB                \
                libXaw/specs                    \
                libXdmcp/doc                    \
                libXext/specs                   \
                libXi/specs                     \
                libXi/doc                       \
                libXmu/doc                      \
                libxtrans/doc                   \
                libXtst/specs                   \
        "

        doclibdoc="                             \
                libICE/doc                      \
                libSM/doc                       \
                libXdmcp/doc                    \
                libXi/doc                       \
                libXmu/doc                      \
                libxtrans/doc                   \
        "
        doclibspecs="                           \
                libICE/specs                    \
                libX11/specs/libX11             \
                libX11/specs/i18n/framework     \
                libX11/specs/i18n/localedb      \
                libX11/specs/i18n/trans         \
                libX11/specs/XIM                \
                libX11/specs/XKB                \
                libXaw/specs                    \
                libXext/specs                   \
                libXi/specs                     \
                libXtst/specs                   \
        "

        docprotospecs="                 \
                bigreqsproto/specs      \
                fontsproto/specs        \
                kbproto/specs           \
                recordproto/specs       \
                scrnsaverproto/specs    \
                xcmiscproto/specs       \
                xextproto/specs         \
                x11proto/specs          \
        "

        docxorgdocs="                           \
                xorg-docs/specs/Xserver         \
                xorg-docs/specs/Xext            \
                xorg-docs/specs/CTEXT           \
                xorg-docs/specs/XLFD            \
                xorg-docs/specs/ICCCM           \
                xorg-docs/general/input         \
                xorg-docs/general/graphics      \
                xorg-docs/general/fonts         \
                xorg-docs/general/platforms     \
                xorg-docs/general               \

"
xserver/doc/dtrace (see a configuration option to be enabled)

Beware that libX11 has pdf/ps turned off by default.