On 14/09/2011 00:09, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
This is confusing to me.  Why do you add the extra " ; echo '** mkfontdir'"?

On Sep 12, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
+AC_DEFUN([XORG_FONT_MKFONTDIR],[
+       if test x"$cross_compiling" != x"no" ; then
+               AC_PATH_PROG(MKFONTDIR, mkfontdir, "")
+               MKFONTDIR_WARN='echo "** Warning: mkfontdir not run" ; echo "** Run
mkfontdir manually on host system"'
+
+               if test x"$MKFONTDIR" = x; then
+                       MKFONTDIR="${MKFONTDIR_WARN} ; echo '** mkfontdir'"
+               fi
+       else
+               XORG_FONT_REQUIRED_PROG(MKFONTDIR, mkfontdir)
+       fi
+
+       AC_SUBST([MKFONTDIR])
+])

MKFONTDIR_WARN is the command to emit the warning that mkfontdir could be run, MKFONTDIR is the actual command which will be used in the makefile, and is supplied with a directory path, so we need to consume that, and do so by outputting the command we would have run if mkfontdir was available

Hope that clears things up for you :-)

It looks like this suffers a bit from being patterned after the XORG_FONT_FCCACHE macro a few lines above. This is perhaps wrong, as unlike XORG_FONT_FCCACHE, the warning is only used in one place.