On 01/18/12 01:37 PM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the review.

(Please note that I'm purposefully being overly descriptive to help
others on the list who might be new to the build.sh script)

And thanks for that - it helps me and hopefully others.

By default build.sh will run through its internal list of all the
modules of which it is aware and build all of them in the correct
dependency order. Currently that list contains 246 modules on a Linux
x86-ish machine.

If you only want to build one specific module you can specify it with
the "-o" option.

I understood all that - somehow I had either missed or forgotten about
the --modfile option though.

With this patch I'm proposing an extension to the --modfile mechanism
such that each line of the file still lists each of the modules you
want built, but any remaining text on a given line (after a space)
lists the options you would like passed to that module's
configuration.

Sounds good.

I'm curious to know what you are using as your custom build
infrastructure (if you are at liberty to say).

Makefiles, lots & lots of Makefiles (evolved over many years,
starting actually pre-Xorg-modularization to build the other
components we needed for X, like freetype & fontconfig).

Our hg repo is publicly available, and our makefiles & patches
can also be browsed on the web at:

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/x-cons/x-s11-update-clone/

You'll note under open-src is a heirarchy much like Xorg's, though
with additional packages from other providers that are closely
related enough to X to be built by the Solaris X team instead of
one of our other groups.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com