On 5/10/12 2:20 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
This allows X to work on the Lemote Yeeloong laptop.

This beast apparently has an SiS 315 chip, if the wubs are to be believed? Which I guess explains this...

ioBase_phys = 0x1fd00000 is certainly a hack, and almost definitely breaks X on
SGI MIPS systems. How can I do this more cleanly? It seems mips doesn't have
pciconfig_iobase.

(retching noise)

The more portable thing would be to use pciaccess' I/O port routines, which avoid this entire trap (for exactly this reason), and then wire up the legacy_io file in sysfs. That's not going to be a small amount of typing in the sis driver though.

Alternatively you could hide the legacy I/O handle inside lnx_video.c for arches like this and mangle the {in,out}[bwl] macros appropriately. Possibly less typing, arguably less ugly.

- ajax