On 2014-04-08 08:57 (GMT+0200) Knut Petersen composed:

Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

Resizing by window borders is a WM operation, is it not?

I agree. But the WM relies on services provided by Xorg.

What WM are you using, and does it work on other WMs?

I'm using KDE, the original openSuSE 13.1 binaries. No other WM tested up to
now, and I don't think that it is really necessary.

I have several complete Xorg trees installed, normally my testX script looks
for the most recent and uses it. If there is a problem
with that tree I can easily overrule the selection. I think it's clear that it
would be false to blame KDE if it works as expected with
all old trees but fails with the tree fetched and compiled three days ago.

As I wrote in the original mail, it is impossible to grab a window border.

Works in KDE in 13.1 and 13.2 just fine here. Last booted a few hours ago, 13.1:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Xorg/Pass/panning1920x1200on1440x0900server11599901073045-rv370atiVGA-os131kde4115.png
and 13.2 before
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Xorg/Pass/panning2560x1600on1440x0900server115999010730410-rv370atiVGA-os132kde41297.png

Currently booted another system also 13.2 running 4.12.97 KDE and server 1.15.99.901.7-304.10.i586 from BS repo X11:XOrg.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/