On 09/10/15 10:44 AM, Keith Packard wrote:
Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com> writes:

Had a long hard look at the Archlinux repos and did not see (m)any
libxfont users outside of xserver. Would you/others know if they're
still a thing or they share the same faith as the print server :-)

There really shouldn't be any other than the X font utilities (bdftopcf,
mkfontdir, etc).

mkfontdir is now a wrapper around mkfontscale which doesn't use libXfont,
just libfontenc & libfreetype.

bdftopcf could probably be similarly rewritten to use FreeType directly.

As far as I know, and as far as grep for "xfont" in configure.ac can find,
only xfs & the X servers really still need libXfont.   (We used to call
into libXfont from drivers, but xserver commit a00066d2916b6910429 moved
to providing equivalent API from the X server instead.)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersm...@oracle.com