On 05/27/17 02:02 AM, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
Hi,

Marc Espie recently found out that the X_NONNULL macro in Xfuncproto.h
is generating spurious warnings when included in C++ code build with
clang++ -std=c++11.

Other OpenBSD developper tried to find uses of the macro in the wild
and didn't find any, even in the X.Org lib app or xserver tree.

So, should this macro definition be removed alltogether (acking that
no-one cares to use it) or just apply the patch below ?

I could swear there was some use for it when it was added, but I can't
find any either in the sources, nor in the introducing commit:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/x11proto/commit/Xfuncproto.h.in?id=217d1dae0093ccaaac59a4fa42000e732492cb66

Jeremy - did you ever add usage of this somewhere we're not seeing, such
as in the macosforge repos?

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersm...@oracle.com