Michal Srb <m...@suse.com> writes:

> Here is a script that can be used to crash X server using a broken big
> request
> for PolyLine. It connects to DISPLAY=:1 and doesn't support authentication.
> Look inside the script for more details.
>
> Other requests could be used to crash X server in similar way, for example
> SetFontPath.

I noticed this still in my mailbox.  I tried writing an mergeable unit
test for it at:

https://github.com/anholt/xserver/commit/d0e9d732750aa8eb7eeb33adce321f1dfeef265d

but it doesn't manage to crash the server because I can't set the endian
mode using xcb (and xcb, sensibly, doesn't let me get an fd without
doing connection setup on it).

I don't know much about the codepath with the bug, but hopefully this
sparks some discussion.