Hi!

On 12/15/2017 04:37 PM, Tapani Pälli wrote:

Yes it does. And the GLX ARB specification states that sRGB support starts turned off so that it shouldn't affect existing applications that get an sRGB fbconfig by mistake.

Is there any mention about 'texture from pixmap' when sRGB is used?

No. Doesn't seem like the extensions are aware of oneanother. But since the sRGB explicitly wants to work with non-aware apps, I guess should honor that. And it works with Nvidia's proprietary.

Not on xserver master. There are many 32bit GLX visuals, some of them still sRGBCapable.

This sounds good, however distros will be using the old server for quite some time? :/ I'm not familiar of the xorg release process but if there is something like mesa stable releases, could we have my patch there and omit it from upcoming release that would have both sRGB and non-sRGB 32bit visual?

I'm not sure how that works. Ajax? I'm not really working much with xserver myself. I started out trying to fix GLX_OML_SWAP_COPY with dri3 and then found I tripped a domino-brick row worth of hidden pre-existing GLX bugs (plus some dri3 bugs  I caused myself). In any case. I think the best would be if the mesa GLX fix below would work with all drivers. Then the fix would be contained in the same code-base causing the problem.  I'm a bit worried that your fix will assign a lousy config if any to the 32-bit visual on some drivers. In particular drivers that don't support GLX_OML_SWAP_COPY, (otherwise the 32-bit visual would get one of those, which wouldn't be catastrophic, except for apps explicitly asking for GLX_OML_SWAP_COPY that would start render transparently).

BTW the proper fix to this was for xserver to duplicate a bunch of extra "good" fbconfigs for the 32-bit visuals. That appears to be what Nvidia proprietary does as well.

So if you have a chance to test the mesa GLX patch from the previous mail, I think we should use that as a "stable" fix, alternatively backport the proper xserver glx fix.

Thanks,
Thomas