Hello,

for xrandr exists a specification but the implementation violates it in some ways. A good example is "https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/1113";. The spec says that a monitor must be deleted if another monitor with the same name is added to the screen. There is actually code that does it but there's also code that triggers an error before the correct code is called.

I think, such a mismatch in behavior could easily be detected by integration tests. I have browsed the repo and found a bunch of tests in the "tests" but none for xrandr. Is there interest in adding such test?

My idea is to start Xvfb and then run xrandr against it with various scenarios.

Kind regards,

Michael.