On 06.02.24 10:07, Michel Dänzer wrote:

Hi,

#4 xorg master and xwayland have massively diverged, pretty much a fork

Not sure what you mean by that. If you're looking at the xwayland-2x.y release
branches,

Yes, e.g. xwayland-23.2 is the one used by debian (unstable).

those drop code specific to other DDXen, since that serves no purpose for
standalone Xwayland releases.

Doesn't make much sense to me. IIRC, one just builds with a config that
only enables Xwayland and leaves off the others. Note that it's not just
a bunch of files removed - there're even features removed that happen to
be ununsed by xwayland.

The diff is huge (even w/o the removed files) and git history has
diverged for almost 200 commits, w/o any clear point-of-fork.
master is still at 21.1.* while xwayland is at 23.2.* - this really
doesn't add up to me.

* gitlab: add xserver-23.2 milestone (realign w/ xwayland)

It's 2024 already. There's no point in aligning with Xwayland, which is
released separately anyway.

Well, I don't think it's a good idea to split that, in the long run.

I would make sense, if the Xserver would be split into lots of different
libraries with independent lifecycle, but we're far, far away from that.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert