Hi,

Happy new year!

I have a question :
on my laptop (debian sid), I have a second monitor on the VGA output.

I don't have any problem on the VGA output when the monitor has the same
display resolution (1400x1050) as the LVDS monitor.
But when my second monitor has a lower resolution (1024x768), I can have
a correct "clone" mode : on the second monitor I have a part of the
"big" one (a rectangle 1024x768).

Is there something to do ?

Best regards,
GiGGz

Here is my xorg.conf :
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr"
##a commenter pour avoir le circonflexe
#       Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
## Touche compose (commente a cause de awesome)
#       Option          "XkbOptions"    "compose:lwin"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
## inutile
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
#       Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
        Option          "MaxTapTime" "0"
        Option          "MaxTapMove" "0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI RADEON MOBILITY"
        Driver          "radeon"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
#        Option         "MonitorLayout"         "LVDS,NONE"
#        Option         "MonitorLayout"         "LVDS,CRT"
#       Option          "AccelDFS"      "0"
## apparemment plus necessaire le mode AGP = 4 est pris par defaut
        Option          "AGPMode"       "4"
##      Option          "AGPMode"       "8"
        Option          "AGPSize"       "128"
        Option          "GARTSize"      "64"
#       Option          "RingSize"              "2"
## fait planter ppracer
##      Option          "RingSize"              "4"
        Option          "RingSize"              "8"
        Option          "BufferSize"            "2"
##pour faire marcher les hotkeys de l'ecran (marche pas pour l'instant)
#       Option          "BIOSHotkeys"   "on"
## option activee par default
#       Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
## option activee par defaut (color tiling)
#       Option          "ColorTiling"   "on"
#       Option          "EnableDepthMoves"      "yes"
#       Option          "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "false" # Faster RENDER
acceleration
#       Option          "RenderAccel" "true"
#       Option          "AccelMethod"   "EXA"
##      Option          "AGPFastWrite"  "true"
#       Option          "backingstore"  "true"
#       Option          "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
        Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "true"
#       Option          "DynamicClocks"         "true"
##
#       Option          "Monitor-VGA-0"         "VGA"
#       Option          "Monitor-DVI-0"         "LCD SAMSUNG"
#       Option          "Monitor-LVDS"          "LCD SAMSUNG"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "LCD SAMSUNG"
        Option          "DPMS"
        HorizSync       31.5-90
        VertRefresh     59-75
EndSection

#Section "Monitor"
#       Identifier      "VGA"
#       Option          "DPMS"
##      Option          "RightOf"  "LCD SAMSUNG"
##        HorizSync       31.5-90
##        VertRefresh     59-75
#EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "ATI RADEON MOBILITY"
        Monitor         "LCD SAMSUNG"
        DefaultDepth    24
        Subsection      "Display"
                Depth   24
                Modes   "1400x1050"
## non necessaire
#               Modes           "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1024x768"
## 1024x768 &  1400x1050
                Virtual 2424 1050
## 1280x1024 &  1400x1050
#               Virtual 2680 1050