Greetings,

xf86-video-geode 2.11.21 was released a few days ago. This will
probably be the very last release.

There is one very last patch that was never committed. It needs to be
tested on the OLPC XO-1.If someone with access to an XO-1 and to more
generic Geode LX hardware wants to test this, please contact me.

If anyone is interested in working on this, a KMS driver was started
by Franz Brauße ages ago. To my knowledge, it never got merged into
the Linux kernel. This would probably be the way to go forward, since
many desktop environent libraries nowadays expect to run on top of a
KMS driver, instead of a hardware-specific X driver.

Martin-Éric