milnser43...@yahoo.com wrote:
> At the same time important backwards compatability upon which many of our
> applications depend, have been removed including PEX, Ximage, MIT-SUNDRY,
> XFree86-Misc, among others creating a massive incompatability headache. A
> prime principle of the X.org project should be to retain backwards
> compatability so that older applications may still run. Stop destroying
> backwards compatability and get around to fixing the memory leaks for god
> sake. X.org also seems to be intent on locking itself out of the
> embedded/cell market by removing support for low depth displays. I am
> throughly dismayed and disgusted with X.org.

If this backwards compatibility is causing you such a massive headache,
why has it taken you 7 years to complain to us that XFree86 removed
PEX & XIE support in their 4.2.0 release in 2002, several years before
the current X.Org organization was formed and our development tree
was forked from their 4.4rc2 release?

http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/RELNOTES2.html#5

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com