Hello,

I have been trying to stay current on the recent intel drivers,
xorg-server,mesa and dri for a while and have most likely due to lack of
experience suffered a rather unstable system.

Thus I'd like to revert to the most stable solution. Does anyone have a quick
pointer to what is the earliest and most tested versions of xorg-server, mesa
and dri that will work with an intel driver supporting Mobile Intel® GM45
Express Chipset on a Lenovo X200 ?

Will for instance Xorg-server 1.4.2 function with a version of the intel driver
that supports my chipset?

Thanks in advance for any help on novice question.