Hi Dave,

> Don't think any version of nouveau ever did that. Are you sure its actually
> allocated the RAM?

Well I don't know exactly whats going on - but when using nouveau
instead of the proprietary nvidia driver, "free"says memory useage is
about 250mb higher than "normal" - which would correspond to the
aperture size of 256mb.

I also experienced the same on an older system with a TNT2 - aperture
is 128mb there, with 384mb total ram. With nouveau there was about
128mb less free memory :/

Any ideas what could be going wrong? Is there any way to limit
aperture size, except in bios?

Thanks again, Clemens

PS:
> (II) EXA(0): Offscreen pixmap area of 33550336 bytes

Is there any way, to give all the VRAM to EXA instead only half of it?
(I don't need opengl)