Geoffrey wrote:
Dan Nicholson wrote:
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Geoffrey <li...@serioustechnology.com> wrote:
Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Geoffrey
<li...@serioustechnology.com>
wrote:
I recently upgraded my Mandriva install and now it appears that my 3
button
mouse is emulating a 2 button mouse as cut/paste only works when I
select
buttons 1 and 3, but not with button 2.

The middle button is a wheel and scrolling does work with it, which
leads
more confusion.
wheel work, and click not ? hum ... the middle button not working at
all ?
to test it, for example, use middle button on links of Firefox, opens
links ?
Wheel scrolls, but button does nothing on links or anything else.

(**) Option "Protocol" "auto"
(**) Mouse0: Device: "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Mouse0: Protocol: "auto"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Mouse0: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Mouse0: Buttons: 9
seems correct , may be is not X fault ...
What else could it be??? I might hook this mouse up to another linux box
and see if it does the same thing.

I don't think it's the driver emulating 3 buttons. Looking at the old
mouse source, it should be giving you a message like "(**) Mouse0:
Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50".

Can you run xev and look for the what codes it gives you when you
press the middle button and left+middle?

Absolutely no output when pressing the middle (wheel) button.

It's quite difficult to depress the left+middle at the same time as the wheel turns. The fact that I get nothing when the middle button is depressed is weird. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad mouse?

It's not the mouse. I plugged in a wired 3 button mouse and it exhibits the same behavior.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson