Hello,

This is my last resort before I throw my Sun U40 M2 out the window. I have been working on reinstalling Solaris 10 05/08 and now face the daunting task of getting the X server to work. I have used nvidia-xconfig, and many other tools ( I have 30 years of unix experience) to try to get this beast back up and running after a fresh install of S10. The only way I can get it to start is to not build and xorg.conf file. Then, the machine boots into 1024x768 mode and will not budge higher. I have a 24" monitor (Sun 24.1 LCD) that would really like to run at a higher res, but I can't find an xorg.conf file that will run on this box. The system came with the monitor, and I got it working years ago at 1920x1200 just fine. Now, no luck. The major issue is that the nvidia driver will not start the card. Of course, I have all the log files proving that it won't. Any chance of getting a running xorg.conf that I could just plug in?

Laurel