On 2/27/11 5:06 AM, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:

p.s. FIY libc5 is used not only with linux.

The copy of the libc5 CVS repository only mentions Linux in its configure script, as far as I can see:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/libc5/libc5.cvs.tar.bz2

Linux is the only kernel currently supported by the X server that runs libc5, then, and I'm reasonably sure attempting to build a modern X server on such a system would fail for more reasons than just the SIGIO code.

But, should someone express an interest in maintaining xserver support for a broken C library, with no support or updates in the past thirteen years, for Linux or any other kernel, well I guess there's no accounting for taste, and xorg-devel@ would be happy to take patches. Currently there's no one interested in keeping that kind of contortion supported.

- ajax