On 2011/03/09 13:55 (GMT) Andersen, Jan composed:

Sorry for posting this here, where it is almost certainly not appropriate,
but I don't quite know where to ask, and I suspect some of you guys
probably do. So, this is my question:

I work a lot with Chinese, and need to be able to display the full range
of CJK characters in Unicode; unfortunately that exceeds the capacity of
all current font specifications (that I know), and I would like to see if
I can do something about it. After all, when you display a character, what
you need is to take your character representation (eg UTF-8) and look up a
glyph - if things are reasonably sensible, it ought to be fairly doable to
replace that part from somewhere and replace it with, say, a database
interface. But where do I even begin to understand font-handling in X?

Asking here you got close.
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/