On 27/06/2011 02:54, Markus Strobl wrote:
On 06/26/2011 05:58 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 06:56:14PM +0100, Scott Waye wrote:
I have a bluetooth Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard (with mouse pad)
which I'm trying to get working using the evdev driver.  I believe
the bluetooth part is working fine as I get two devices in
/dev/input .
Not sure if this will be much help, but I do have that same keyboard
working fine on a kubuntu box. Reason I say I may not be much help is
because I didn't have to do anything to get it to work. I just had to
pair the bluetooth devices and then it worked (both keyboard and mouse
pad).

I do know the dongle can operate in two modes, HID and HCI. Do you know
which mode yours is in?

Maybe you could run a live cd of (k)ubuntu with your keyboard and see
what they did as far as config files?
Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end I just removed the XkbModel and it worked. Peter's comment about it just working for him encouraged me to try to simplify things. I also put back the device path to event* in case the event number changes on reboot. I must admit that I don't understand how it maps the bytes sequences coming from the keyboard into characters, but I guess there is a udev rule somewhere which is doing this.

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
        Option "SendCoreEvents" "True"
        #Option "XkbLayout"     "uk"
        #Option "XkbModel"      "evdev"
EndSection

Regards the HID/HCI modes I noticed this recent thread (http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/Bug-626975-bluez-Logitech-diNovo-Edge-Keyboard-working--ftopict537340.html) which suggests that things are not quite "right" with way this keyboard is currently set up.

--
Scott