On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Christopher Harvey
<ch...@basementcode.com> wrote:
> I'm having problems with an Intel card (82915G/GV/910GL) running in 8 bit
> colour mode. I could post a screenshot if required, but basically the screen
> is gray scale and some (but not all) of the pixels seem to have inverted
> brightness. I'm not sure what other information to provide except for
> xf86-video-intel is at version 2.14.0
> and
> xorg-server is 1.10.2
>
> the only setup I did to run 8 bit mode was adding "DefaultDepth 8" to
> xorg.conf
>
> Am I missing something to get it running? Does Intel not support 8 bit mode?
> Is there an open source driver that does? (I'm trying to figure out how 8
> bit mode should be implemented in drivers with recent versions of X)
>
> thanks,
> Chris

I think this is at least related to a known problem with the xserver.

See here: http://www.mail-archive.com/xorg-devel@lists.x.org/msg17941.html

--
Far away from the primal instinct, the song seems to fade away, the
river get wider between your thoughts and the things we do and say.