any reason why X server per app?

An wise Scandinavian old man once said: "in the end, everything is going to be
alright"

________________________________
 From: "Cook, Rich" <coo...@llnl.gov>
To: "stompdagg...@yahoo.com" <stompdagg...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "xorg@lists.x.org" <xorg@lists.x.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: Two X servers, one box

What I'm trying to do is run a single visualization application per X server to
enable distributed rendering of some very large scientific datasets.  Each
application uses the hardware to render its piece then composits it with the
other programs on the cluster via TCP/IP.
So basically instead of "xterm" below there will be
"//usr/local/tools/ensight-92/bin/ensight92.client -some fancy -args"

what are you trying to do? multiseat? multihead?