I have a problem with getting X to start on a Lenovo X230 running Kubuntu
12.04. I'm not really sure where to go with this issue, as I secretly suspect
it's a driver issue, but I thought I'd come here first.

There are a bunch of issues I'm having with my new Lenovo X230 laptop (with
multiple monitors). Basically getting the multiple monitors enabled in the
desired configuration (DVI output left of VGA output, laptop display off), is
very finicky, and actually involves about 5 changes to get it to work. That
said I thought I would start small and go with the first issue, and that is
that I can't start X with anything hooked into the mini DisplayPort

Please see the attached log files (with xdiagnose enabled). It seems kdm keeps
trying to start at 8 seconds, and again then around 24 seconds, then I unplug
the display port connector and X starts. Additionally I've tried both mini
Display Port -> VGA and mini Display Port - DVI and both do this.

Thank you,

Steve Ramage

Syslog: http://pastebin.com/RmdkvQvR

Xorg: http://pastebin.com/QcqP86sR