Keep in mind that Xorg will show memory usage from mapping graphics memory.. which could be large on your card.

Also, are you using CUDA ?

best

Vladimir Dergachev

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017, Hi-Angel wrote:

Oh, wow, this looks like a Xorg bug then. I'd recommend trying latest Xorg then
— yours one is 3 years old, hopefully it's something fixed. If it won't help,
I'd recommend report a bug.
Although ulimit workaround worth a try, but If this is really a memory leak, I
doubt it'd help much. What I think would happen is that Xorg won't be able to
allocate resources on apps'
behalf, making apps to crash.