On 30/12/21 22:46, Felix Miata wrote:
Àlex Magaz composed on 2021-12-30 22:09 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata wrote:
Àlex Magaz composed on 2021-12-30 15:57 (UTC+0100):
I'm trying to fix an overscan issue (the image overflows by all 4 sides)
with my screen when connected through HDMI. It works fine over DVI.

I fixed my Proscan TV's overscan with:
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --set underscan on --set "underscan vborder" 20 --set
"underscan hborder" 35
Thanks, I already tried it, but those properties aren't available on the
Intel driver. That's why I'm using the '--transform' option.
This begs the issue why the intel DDX driver. All my Intel IGPs from G41-up
(2008?) (G41, Q43, Q45, Haswell, Kaby Lake HD 630, Rocket Lake UHD 730) are
running on the modesetting DIX driver. Q43 was where I needed to set underscan
with modesetting DIX on Proscan TV.

I didn't know about the DDX vs DIX driver, but I've checked and it seems to be using the DIX one. To be sure I've removed the xserver-xorg-video-intel package and checked the loaded modules on Xorg's log. I see:

(II) LoadModule: "modesetting"

I don't see any mention to Intel modules being loaded. In fact, nothing has changed after removing the package and xrandr continues without finding the underscan/*border properties.