With those changes, I can switch VTs or resolutions within X again (yay!),
however, on my laptop, the Xv image is still offset too far out of the
window (at either 640x480 or 800x600), and the problem with videos
>384pixels wide still happens (left side appears on right and vice versa).
It would appear that I still need to add OUTW(0x3C4, 0x0497) to
TRIDENTDisplayVideo to make it display properly on my Cyber9525, and modify
the timings again to prevent the video from being offset in the window.

Well, it definately fixed some stuff, although I am a little curious about
the video still being offset.  I hope this isn't going to end up being
specific to each laptop using an LCD Trident chipset.