I downloaded and installed the binaries for Xfree86 fro Mac OSX but when
I run it it gives me an error:
 >      Fatal server error:
 >      Failed to connect as window server!
 >      Quit the Mac OS X window server or use the -quartz option.
 >
 >         OsVendorFatalError
 >         AbortDDX
 >      Quitting XDarwin...
 >      giving up.
 >      xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect to
X server
 >      xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

That's all fine and good but when I do that (-quartz) I get another
error:
 >      Fatal server error:
 >      QuartzOsVendorInit called without Quartz support.
 >
 >         OsVendorFatalError
 >         AbortDDX
 >      Quitting XDarwin...
 >
 >      FatalError re-entered, aborting
 >      QuartzGiveUp called without Quartz support.
 >
 >      giving up.
 >      xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unable to connect to
X server
 >      xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

Aaagghhh!  When I run it in plain console mode (ie. login with >console
and run X) it starts up fine.  What am I doing wrong?