Brian Lavender wrote:

> I installed the agpgart module, and the following radeon modules,
> but when I start X, I don't seem to be getting the 3D support. I try
> running tuxracer, and I pretty much can tell 3D not working.

You can tell ultimately by running glxinfo and looking at the third line of
its output, starting with 'direct rendering:'.

> [brian@localhost brian]$ /sbin/lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> radeon_state           21584   0 (unused)
> radeon_cp              12896   0 [radeon_state]
> radeon_drv             52336   0 [radeon_state radeon_cp]
> radeon                 86064   0 [radeon_drv]

Funny that you managed to modprobe all of these. It's actually only radeon,
which is basically the other three linked together.

> Message I see after quiting X. Page up doesn't work on my laptop,
> so I can't see the rest either.

/var/log/XFree86.0.log

> (II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
                                   ^^^^^^^^
The reason for this will be further up in that file.

PS: Xperts, it might be a good idea to print out the location of the log file
on server exit as well?