ati driver, not familiar with the fbdev

Does fbdev work better?

On 18 Oct 2001, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 15:49, Prentis Brooks wrote:
>
> >     Has anyone been able to successfully increase the color depth
> > used by the Mach64 on a Sparc?  I am currently running Debian with
> > the 2.4.9 kernel and XFree86 4.1.0 (including Dave Miller's patches).
> > This is on a UltraSparc 10 with an Elite 3D (/dev/fb0) and the ATI Mach64
> > (/dev/fb1).  The Mach64 is stubbornly holding at 8bit color depth and I
> > can't seem to change it, I have tried to update it with fbset to no avail.
>
> What have you tried? With the ati or fbdev driver?

Prentis Brooks  | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 703-265-0914 | AIM: PrentisB
Senior System Administrator - Web Infrastructure & Security

       A knight is sworn to valor.  His heart knows only virtue.  His blade
       defends the helpless.  His word speaks only truth.  His wrath undoes the
       wicked. - the old code of Bowen, last of the dragonslayers