Hi there,

I was trying to get a display on my Compaq Presario 1720 US w/ a ATI
Radeon 3D mobility chip. I have compiled the CVS checkout of Xfree
4.1.99.1 and have even upgraded my kerenl to 2.4.9 (w/ 2.4.12 i had
bizzare problems when trying to modprobe agpgart). FYI, i am running
Redhat 7.1.

Anyway, when i modprobed "agpgart" (w/ "agp_try_unsupported=1") on a 2.4.9
kernel the module loads cleanly and so does the radeon module. The syslog
shows no errors at all.

So far so good. I then tried to configure my X (using Xconfigurator). For
few seconds i did get the into Gnome (at 800x640x16) but then the X server
kept on crashing. I was never able to get the display again. Right now i
don't have the XFree.log.0 with me. If someone is curious then i can send
it.

Any help/tips ?

regards

P.S: Thanks for all those people who have answered to my previous posting.

*******************************--------------**********************************
GVS Prabhakar Reddy
Research Assistant

Model Analysis Lab (GIS Lab)
Dept. of Biological Resources Engineering
University of Maryland
College Park, MD, 20742.

tel: 301-405-0109 (o)
   : 301-982-7148 (r)