On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 12:21:12AM -0400, Billy Biggs wrote:
> The +/-5ms error here is visible, especially on big cinematic pans.
I REALLY doubt what you perceive as an error is a 5ms difference.

Though I agree that current vsync adjusting in XF86drivers (those that support
it e.g. ATI) is insufficient. I see noticeable disturbaces on TVout (thought
not on monitor), I believe it is because from time to time the thread that
calls XvShmPutImage has "missed" one frame and suddenly the difference between
2 frames becomes double.

I see that 80ms (2 frames on 25fps TV) difference is noticeable, though I
doubt 5ms is.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
            0 and 1. Now what could be so hard about that?

PGP signature