Hmm forgot to cc: the list on this...

On Sunday 21 October 2001 19:02, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> I'm curious as to what features of the ATI Mach64 variants that
> people would like to see supported or supported better in XFree86
> that are either not currently supported, or are supported poorly.
>
> The first things that come to mind are:
>
> 1) DRI support
> 2) Xvideo support, video in/out, TV tuner, etc..
> 3) ?
>
> Have I missed anything?  If anyone who has worked a great deal on
> the ATI Mach64 driver in the past could comment their thoughts on
> this as well, it would be appreciated.  I am researching this for
> someone who is interested in working on improving the drivers.
>
> Please keep in mind that this request is specifically for Mach64
> family cards in particular, and not newer cards such as the r128
> and Radeon families.

   I had the Mach64 TV _out_ feature almost reverse engineered.  I have the
int10 call sequence down, and I have a register trace and some of the
registers decoded (I think correctly, but not 100% sure).  I gave up due to
lack of time but I suspect that all that remains is decoding the timing
loop(s) to get the syncing working.  It should be available in the gatos CVS.

--

George Staikos