Sottek, Matthew J ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > Also, an annoyance.  I see alot of thin little green horizontal
> > lines that flicker all over the overlay surface.  Any thoughts as to
> > what those might be, or any reason they might be happening?  I
> > suspect it's some hardware defect and I should go buy another video
> > card.   If you like I can try to describe them in more detail, but
> > it's basically about maybe 30 little single pixel high 20 pixel wide
> > green lines that appear randomly about the scaled image.
>
> [...] It could also be a bad watermark chosen for the mode. In Linux
> we have to use a pixel clock based lookup to get a watermark which
> isn't always the best choice for the mode. Other operating systems
> have a specific watermark for a specific mode, but of course that only
> works when the driver generates the list of available timings.

  I built an X server from CVS and changed the watermark values to match
what was listed in the PRM.  No change.  I see the green crap at 24bpp
and at 16bpp, and even when I use Ctrl-Alt-+/- to go down to 640x480
it's there (and it gets bigger) :)    I don't think it's related to the
watermark value.

  It really doesn't look like it's anything my software could do.  If I
use SDL's software Y'CbCr conversion I don't see any crap, for example.
Messed up.

  BTW, I've found for overlay surfaces that I must have the DRI module
loaded, so, for reference, I'm currently running kernel 2.4.5.

--
Billy Biggs