On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, s.dominiczak wrote:

> Recently i bought a Ati xpert 2000 graphic board thinking that it was
> suported by linux but it seems they have changed the chipset.I tried to
> use
> Xfree for the ati rage 128 chipset and the server for vga and svga
> compatible cards but nothing worked.
> Maybe i did something wrong but i think it was due to the card, the
> specifications say that the chip is ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra (maybe it is
> also called ATI Rage 128 Pro II).

If you have a server for svga compatible cards, it sounds as though you do
not have the latest version of XFree86, which is 4.1.0.

> Can anyone tell me what should i do?, is there a server for this card if
> so where can i find it?,if by the moment there's no xfree86 server for this

If v4.1.0 still does not work, send us the output of
        X :1 -scanpci
and we will try to add support for your card for the next version of
XFree86.

You might also wish to try compiling XFree86 from the CVS source,
or using one of the prebuilt CVS binaries that some people have provided
(sorry I don't have any links to hand).

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna