On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Francesco Oppedisano wrote:
> 2-nd question:
> 3d performance are not goot as user...
> i receive this message
> libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not permitted
> libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
>
> if i login as root my 3d performances are very good and i don't receive the
> error message.
> How can i obtain 3d performances as user?

See README.DRI (probably /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.DRI ). You prabably
want something like

             Section "DRI"
                  Group "xf86dri"
                  Mode 0660
             EndSection

in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
then make sure the right users are in the group xf86dri.
*If* you trust all users of your machine this is a bit simpler.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna