I try 2 XIM programs (chinput, xcin) with some versions.
The problem comes in two situations.

1. Start a XIM program controlled by KDE at any time

When i want to terminate it at any time(including logout), KDE becomes frozen
and sometimes even the mouse does

If i cancel the OverTheSpot mode, i can logout normally while i try to
terminate the XIM program at other time, again, KDE becomes frozen.

2. Start a XIM program which is not controlled by KDE at any time
When i want to logout without terminating it at first, the whole screen
becomes black and i do not control anything but the mouse.
(except the "restart" button on my PC....)

If i terminate it before i logout(with kill command), i can logout normally.
In addition,
with KDE System Guard to kill it, the program is killed and the Guard becomes
frozen,
i have to start another Guard to kill previous Guard.

Under xterm or other terminal enumlator, with killing the XIM program, i sometimes
be notified by XWindow that there is something abnormal but that program is
still terminated.