On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 11:38:19AM -0800, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>    You might want to try XFree86 CVS.  There was some miscommunication
> about how the XFree86 colormap layer worked and I believe earlier
> versions of the "ati" driver had problems when the root window was depth
> 15 or 16 and trying to run a depth 8 DGA mode.
I'm runnning "X -depth 8" when trying this, but I only use 8bpp for some games
in wine. It worked some time ago, but I've upgraded X, wine and whole system
in between.

> If colormaps in depth 8 DGA works when your main X desktop is depth 8 (using
> your current setup) that's probably what the problem is.  I
> believe Marc fixed this a couple months ago.
I'm using a mix of gatos' driver and my own patches now :-)

> If your colormaps don't work even when the main X desktop is in depth 8, it
> might be a different problem.
Could you recomment a prog that can test it?

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
            Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
     teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

PGP signature